The CLR documents campus activities by request via digital photography and videography. Interested parties who wish to have copies of photos and/or videos of an event must place their request via a printed letter or an email message to the CLR Director. Once the request has been approved, the person will be granted access to a Google Drive folder with the requested digital photos and/or videos. This service is strictly limited to digital copying; printouts of photographs are not provided.
Audio-visual Circulation General Policy
The Center for Learning Resources (CLR) Audio-Visual Services Unit shall offer to the Benildean Community the use of its audio-visual resources, equipment, and lending services guided by the general policy statements found below:
1. The reservation, borrowing, and returning of all AV materials/equipment should be done at the AV service counter of the CLR. No AV equipment shall be brought out until it has been properly checked out at the AV service counter.
2. validated DLS-CSB ID must be presented to borrow AV materials/equipment from the CLR. In cases wherein there is a need to transfer borrowing accountability, the ID owner together with the new patron should be present in the AV service counter to make the transaction.
3. An overdue fine amounting to Php 10.00 is imposed for every hour that any AV material/equipment is returned late.
4. In case the borrowed item/s is lost or damaged, it must be replaced by the borrower.
5. All AV materials/equipment to be borrowed for off-campus purposes should be reserved a week in advance. A signed letter from the concerned office endorsing the off-campus reservation of equipment should be forwarded to the CLR Director. This allows the CLR to prepare the requested equipment and the required gate pass for AV equipment to be brought outside the campus. Should the services of an AV Technician be required for any college activity: meals, transportation and overtime pay shall be shouldered by the requesting party.
6. Some AV materials are strictly for classroom/campus use only. They should be returned immediately to the CLR after use in order to avoid inconvenience to the next user.
7. The allowable items to be loaned are 5 items whether it is equipment or accessories.
8. Requests for video/photo documentation should be filed at least a day before the scheduled activity. The CLR does not provide a guarantee for an automatic acceptance of the reservation. The granting of any request is subject to the availability of the equipment, as well as the technician.
9. The Dean/Chairperson/Director/Head of the requesting office should endorse all requests for AV services and documentation of college activities.
10. All documented activities are kept at CLR and become part of the CLR archives. The administrators concerned should endorse access to digital photos and videos of the documented activities before the CLR Director approves such a request.
11. Any request to open the CLR-AV service area before or beyond its regular schedule of operation can be accommodated. This request must be accompanied by a written document and approved by the CLR Director and the Audio-Visual Services Head.
12. Faculty/students/associates with overdue equipment or unsettled accounts at the CLR will not be allowed to borrow AV equipment. Clearance forms for those with unsettled accounts will not be signed. Furthermore, students will be put on hold via Student Information System (SIS)
13. Long Term Loan Policy is allowed provided that the following guidelines will be followed:
A. The CLR allows and practices long-term loan arrangements for requested AV equipment to offices, centers, and schools within the College.
B. The responsibility of taking care of the loaned item/s lies with the requesting party. A transaction letter signed by the borrower and the CLR will be served and filed. All the loaned. All the loaned item/s will be reflected in the WMS account of the borrower.
C. Items on long-term loans are retrieved once a year for inventory and maintenance purposes. Br. Fidelis Leddy Center for Learning Resources 2544 Taft Avenue, Manila, Philippines 1004 +63 2 8230-5100 Local 1482 www.benilde.edu.ph
14. Requests for Photo/Video Documentation and other AV Services to College Activities
A. The requesting party should send an email request to CLR’s official email address at least (1) one week prior to the date of the activity/event to give the CLR enough time to make the necessary preparations.
B. All communications regarding requests like these should have the approval/endorsement of administrators from the requesting School/Office/Unit.
C. All requests are subject to the availability of CLR AV equipment and personnel.